39 Colby Street
39 Colby Street | $1,288,000
3 bedrooms | 2 bathrooms | 1 parking
Gorgeous Detached Portola House
- Coveted McLaren Park Terrace block in a subarea enclave of detached houses
- Beautiful facade with classic 1937 architecture
- Incredible flow for entertaining with formal and casual dining areas
- Spacious living room with corner wood burning fireplace
- Remodeled open chef’s kitchen with professional-style Wolf gas range, commercial-grade Vent-a-hood, KitchenAid refrigerator and dishwasher, quartz stone countertops
- Unique vaulted glass atrium ushers in an enormous amount of natural light
- Vast Eastern views from the back bedrooms
- Wonderful details: formal entry, 4 skylights, tray ceilings, crown molding, lovely hardwood floors
- Upper level has 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, plenty of closet space
- Lower level has 1 bedroom, 1 bath, family room with kitchenette, opens to backyard; ideal for extended family or income as rented
- 1-car garage, laundry appliances, huge amount of storage space
- Landscaped in front and rear
Welcome to San Francisco’s Garden District where this beautiful house in exclusive McLaren Park Terrace was built in 1937. Over the years, this home has been well-maintained and upgraded with newer systems, seismic improvements, and remodeled kitchen and bathrooms. The exterior and interior paint was recently freshened up prior to sale.
The downstairs has a large amount of space that offers flexible usage. This garden level living area is currently rented to a single occupant paying $2,195 per month. The backyard has a patio with perimeter gardening areas with flowering plants and low maintenance shrubs, creating a wonderful outdoor experience.
The highly desirable Portola location offers several private schools, playgrounds, hiking in McLaren Park, all while living close to other lifestyle amenities. The Palega Rec Center is a thriving community center teeming with activity all year round. Explore San Bruno Avenue commercial corridor for a variety of restaurants, bakeries/dim sum, Four Barrel Coffee, services, shops, and conveniences. Access to I-280 & 101 and the Glen Park BART station is a breeze for easy commuting.